Grants Process Overview and Calendar Grants Process Steps
- Members recommend potential community grantees
- Letter of Inquiry requests are sent to qualified grantee candidates
- Letters of Inquiries are received.
- Our Grants Committee reviews and evaluates organizations for fit with LOI Criteria
- Organizations which best fit our criteria are invited to submit a Full Grant Proposal.
- When Full Grant Proposals are received the Grants Committee conduct organizational due diligence, conducts site visits, and thoroughly evaluates each full grant proposal.
- The Grants Committee develops a ballot of the organizations and projects for our annual member voting ballot. The organizations and projects on the annual ballot are chosen based on their overall best fit vs. other candidates considering all GIVING WoMN criteria and evaluations throughout the grants process.
- Members vote for the organizations that they want to see funded by ranking the organizations and projects that are on the ballot.
- Top vote getting organizations/projects receive grants based on the organizational size and the relative number of member votes.
Grants Process Calendar
May 7 – June 30– Members recommend potential grantee organizations
August – Evaluate organizations for eligibility and Letter of Inquiry (LOI) requests
September – Letter of Inquiry(LOI) receipt and evaluation
September-October – Full Grant Proposals requested and received
October-December – Full Grant Proposal Evaluation, Due Diligence, and Ballot Preparation
January-February – Members Vote for final Grantees
February – Funds Distributed to Grantees