Grantee Nomination Guidelines & Requirements
1) Eligibility criteria for organizations to be considered for Giving WoMN funding:
- Recommendation from a GIVING WoMN member
- Deliver services in one or more of the following areas: health, education, human services
- Qualify as tax-exempt under Section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS code
- Serve the greater St. Paul/Minneapolis 7 county area (to some extent)
- Not have received a grant from GIVING WoMN for at least the 3 previous grant cycles.
(Organizations and projects currently ineligible for another GIVNG WoMN grant include: Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative, The Sheridan Story, Boys & Girls Club of the Twin Cities, Ready Set Smile, Youth Farm, YWCA of Minneapolis, Banyon Community, Minnesota Life College, The Family Partnership, Emma Norton Services, Episcopal Homes Minnesota, 2nd Harvest Heartland, Breaking Free, Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly, Guild Inc., Washburn Center for Children, Treehouse, St. David’s Center for Child and Family Development, KIPP Minnesota)
2] Each Member may submit one organization to by the annual deadline (Deadline for the grant cycle for in February 2020 grants is June 30, 2019).
Submissions must Include the following:
- The name and address of the organization
- Website address for the organization
- Name and phone number and email of a key contact (Executive Director, or other key contact at the organization) to ensure that we include the correct organization.
- If the organization is part of a larger organization, that organization’s information also.
Please remember to include ALL information noted above with your nomination!
As a friendly reminder, ALL, yes ALL GIVING WoMN members are welcome to join our Grants Committee to evaluate nominated organizations using our established criteria. There are 5 grants committee meetings beginning in early September with a final meeting in February. Most of our committee work takes place in September, October and November.