Grantee Nomination Guidelines & Requirements
1) Eligibility criteria for organizations to be considered for Giving WoMN funding:
- Recommendation from a GIVING WoMN member
- Deliver services in one or more of the following areas: health, education, human services
- Qualify as tax-exempt under Section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS code
- Serve the greater St. Paul/Minneapolis 7 county area (to some extent)
- Not have received a grant from GIVING WoMN for at least the 3 previous grant cycles.
(Organizations and projects currently ineligible for another GIVNG WoMN grant include: Genesys Works – TC, Hammer Residences, KIPP Minnesota, Reve Academy, The Link, Way to Grow, Store to Door, Cookie Cart, ARC Greater Twin Cities, Bridge for Youth, Face to Face, The Open Door, Perspectives, Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative, The Sheridan Story, Boys & Girls Club of the Twin Cities, Ready Set Smile, Youth Farm, YWCA of Minneapolis)
2] Each Member may submit one organization to email@example.com by the annual deadline (Deadline for the grant cycle for in February 2018 grants is June 30, 2017).
Submissions must Include the following:
- The name and address of the organization
- Website address for the organization
- Name and phone number and email of a key contact (Executive Director, or other key contact at the organization) to ensure that we include the correct organization.
- If the organization is part of a larger organization, that organization’s information also.
As a friendly reminder, ALL, yes ALL GIVING WoMN members are welcome to join our Grants Committee to rank nominated organizations using our established criteria. There are 5 grants committee meetings beginning in early September with a final meeting in February. Most of our committee work takes place in September, October and November.
Questions? Contact Ruth Bowman or Mary Weber. If you do not have their contact information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you with Ruth or Mary.