ANNOUNCING OUR LATEST GIVING WoMN GRANTS! We had a fun and educational event at YWCA on Tuesday 2/26 where we not only learned about the YWCA and their Girls Inc. Eureka! STEM Program, but we also announced our 2019 grant recipients!
Since our first grants in 2006, GIVING WoMN a group of approximately 100 women, has donated over $1,506,000 dollars to Twin Cities community-enriching programs. This year we are making 8 grants ranging from $10,000 to $35,000 and totaling $137,000. Grant projects/organizations and amounts are determined based on member votes/rank and our published funding principles (available on the Grants tab on our website).
Here are this year’s grant recipients:
- Breaking Free: $35,000
- Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly: $25,000
- Guild Inc. Youth Mental Health Program: $17,000
- Washburn Center For Children In-Home Therapy Program: $15,000
- Treehouse, Treehouse Next Program: $15,000
- Cristo Rey AP Course Expansion Program: $10,000
- St. David’s Center for Child/Family Dev.: Harmon Center: $10,000
- KIPP MN, KIPP Through College Program: $10,000
GIVING WoMN is also thankful for our partnership with The Collabrium, who volunteer their services to provide coaching to each of our grant recipients! In addition to their grant, GIVING WoMN grant recipients also receive the benefit of organizational development!