Summer is here and it is a busy time for GIVING WoMN. A few reminders:
- Grant Nominations are currently OPEN and close on Saturday June 30 at midnight. As a reminder, only Twin Cities serving organizations nominated by our members can enter our grants process for our next grants in February 2019. Information about nominations was in the June Newsletter emailed to all members.
- We have an upcoming Small Group Gathering in St. Louis Park on Tuesday July 17 hosted by Lynn Giovanelli and Laurie Hassenstab. Boys and Girls Club will be reporting back about our 2017 grant to them for their reading program with Groves Academy. RSVP to one of the hostesses with contact information included in the June Newsletter or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. These events are a great casual, low-pressure way to introduce friends to GIVING WoMN. Join in on the fun!
- All members are welcome to serve on our Grants Team and help prioritize our grants candidates based on our criteria for the all-member vote next January. Work begins this fall and involves attending 4 key meetings and some work individually scheduled. If you are interested, please contact Mary Weber or Mary Routhieaux, our Grants Team Co-chairs.
- Mark your calendar for our Fall Events:
- GW Fall Education Event at Youth Farm on Tuesday evening 9/11/2018.
- Annual GW Eye Opener breakfast symposium: “Affordable Housing: It is more than just a Home” Saturday November 3, 2018.